Re: Language support and more.

Helo Arne,

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 01:49:16PM +0200, Arne Hanssen wrote:
> I wonder if ledgersmb supports other languages than English (in my case
> Norwegian)?  SQL-ledger seems to do so and I suppose ledgersmb does also?

Indeed it does. If you download the tarball and have a look in the
templates directory you will see a number of Norwegian templates ready
for use or customisation.

> I also wonder if ledgersmb supports MySQL?  The need to switch to
> PostgreSQL is a slight obstacle for using sql-ledger (not that I have
> anything against PostgreSQL, but since I'm already using MySQL I am
> somewhat reluctant to also running a second DB).

No, it's Postgresql only. The last FAQ at
http://www.ledgersmb.org/view/faq explains why.

> And lastly:  I understand that the fork from sql-ledger is not that
> recent?  How feature-rich / mature is ledgersql comparet to its
> originator (If I may ask :-))?

It is not as "mature" because a lot of the code is being rewritten to
get away from some of the SQL-Ledger ways of doing things. I did not
notice any loss of features when we migrated away from SQL-Ledger, but
that was a couple of years ago and I have not really followed the
SQL-Ledger development path since.

For enquiries like this I think it would be really useful to have an
online demo of LSMB up and running so that folks could see it in action.
Could this be put up on www.ledgersmb.org?

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107