Re: LedgerSMB Readiness

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Joseph wrote:

> Yes, I would defiantly pay the developer but I was expecting some
> answers from ordinary users. I do not believe for a second that there is
> nobody on the mailing who did not come from SQL-Ledger and facing
> similar challenges going from one database to another.

I'm sure you're right.  It may be that, as is the case with me, most of us
who did it, did it a couple years ago.
A whole heck of a lot happens in software and databases and such in the
course of a few months, let alone a few years, and I simply don't
remember.

I know I had some problems, but what they were, whether they were
connected to the migration or just the database version, or whatever, I
simply have no idea.  I knew that I had some installation problems, but
those were rectified with a question or two to the list to clear up my
confusion.

I simply have no real idea what problems I had, and how I may have solved
them; or whether they were the fault of me, SQL-Ledger, or LedgerSMB.  I
suspect it was mostly me, because it usually is, but as I said, I just
don't remember.

I got out of SQL-Ledger as soon as I thought LedgerSMB was mature enough
to handle the needs of my business, and that was the end of that--what
ever I had to go through to perform the transition was worth it to me.

Sorry.

Luke