How to setup multipel POS receipt printers at different locations?

I have a question on setting up Ledgersmb POS at multiple locations. I am
currently running version 1.2.13, but would like to understand how this
will be handled in the upcoming version 1.3 also.  The scenario I am trying
to understand is as follows.  I have a business with two stores (each using
the same COA).  I have setup a central Ledgersmb server for both to access.
How do I setup up each location so that when a particular location enters a
sale via the POS screen that it will print to the receipt printer located
at that particular location?  I currently have one printer setup in
pos.conf.pl and using CUPS. It is not readily apparent to me how I can
setup X number printers based on number of locations.  It seems I have the
following options none of which is very ideal:

1. I assume I can setup multiple printers and each would show up on the POS
screen where the employee would have to select the appropriate printer for
each sale they enter.  Once the sale is submitted with the appropriate
receipt printer selected then CUPS could route the job as appropriate.  I
would prefer to set default printer for a location and not show the other
printers if they are not relevant for that particular location.  I assume
this would mean storing this configuration in the database which I don't
believe is being done today.  If I could set this in user preferences that
would also be workable.  Having multiple printers though showing on POS
screen creates a number of issues including 1) potential for employee to
print to the wrong printer, and 2) if you had say 20 locations then you
would also have 20 printer options on the POS screen which would be very
clunky.

2. I guess I can setup one Ledgersmb installation folder per location with
each configured to use the same database.  This would allow me to have
separate pos.conf.pl files that could be configured specific to a location.
Then with Apache's URL rewriting capabilities I could provide a unique URL
for each location (i.e. ledgersmb1.domain.com, ledgersmb2.domain.com, etc.)
that would point to the appropriate installation folder.

3. I haven't studied the code too much, but I assume I could customize the
POS code so that upon selecting "Department" that the printer radio button
selection would dynamically change as appropriate.

Am I missing something?  Ledgersmb allows me to have multiple stores and
even mutliple businesses using different datasets, but this is not really
usable unless I can configure POS printing appropriately.  In addition, I
would have the same issue if I wanted to offer a Ledgersmb ASP Hosting
service where I wanted to use one Ledgersmb installation, but with
different datasets for each business.  Has this been addressed in the
upcoming version 1.3?

Best Regards,
Steven