Registrar use case: a better way?

Hello

One of my use cases for ledgersmb, is as the backend for a domain name
registrar component of a larger business.

So, customers buy one or more domains, for one or more years each.
The company then pays registration fees to an up-stream registrar, and the
customer gets his domain(s).

I am trying to figure out the best way to implement this.

The way I am reasonably sure of, which seems rather overly complex, and at
least highly un-automated, is to:

1.  Generate an order for a domain product, the unit of which is years.

2.  From that order, generate a sales invoice to the customer.

3.  Open the same order, and generate a
vendor invoice for all of the domains that are part of a given
transaction.  I think I can avoid a purchase order for this, but haven't
done it in a while.

Anyway, is there a more straight forward way to pull this off?  I could
probably write a script to black box it using the API in 1.2.18, but
thought I would see if there was an accounting method which made more
sense first, since these would all be contemporaneous transactions--I.E.,
rarely would one of them happen without all of the others happening,
including the payments.

Luke