Installation Problem

Dear List;

I have now spent a considerable amount of time trying to install without success. Using FreeBSD 7.2 / postgresql 8.2 / apache 2.2. FreeBSD is patched to the latest release and security updates inlcuding all packages (ports in FreeBSD speak). Using Perl5.10.1?? Could this be an issue?? I have installed sql-ledger and got it working with the same general environment but not so lucky with ledgersmb. The error occurs trying to start apache with the Include ledgersmb.conf appended to httpd.conf.

#/usr/local/etc/apache22>/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start
Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
Syntax error on line 1 of /usr/local/ledgersmb/ledgersmb.conf:
Invalid command 'session', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Starting apache22.
Syntax error on line 1 of /usr/local/ledgersmb/ledgersmb.conf:
Invalid command 'session', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

ledgersmb.conf is a copy of the default version with minor changes to the printers and looks like this...

session  : DB
logging  : 0

# Set language for login and admin pages
language :

# If you have LaTeX installed, set to 1
latex : 1

# Maximum number of invoices that can be printed on a cheque
check_max_invoices : 5

# Maximum POST size to prevent DoS (4MB default)
max_post_size : 4194304

[environment]
# If the server can't find applications, append to the path
PATH: /usr/local/pgsql/bin
PATH: /usr/local/bin

# If on Mac OS X using Fink's Perl libs, append to the path
#PERL5LIB = /sw/lib/perl5

[paths]
# spool directory for batch printing
spool      = spool
# templates base directory
templates  = templates
localepath = locale/po

[programs]
# program to use for file compression
gzip       = gzip -S .gz

[mail]
### How to send mail.  The sendmail command is used unless smtphost is set.
sendmail   = /usr/bin/sendmail -t
# smtphost = 127.0.0.1
# smtptimeout = 60

[printers]
# Available printers
#Laser      = lpr -Plaser
#Epson      = lpr -PEpson
hp	   = lp -d hp

[globaldb]
# These paramaters *must* be set correctly
# for LedgerSMB >= 1.2 to work
DBname       = ledgersmb
DBhost       = localhost
DBport       = 5432
DBUserName   = ledgersmb
DBPassword   =

...if I comment this out it fails on the next line etc etc.

...Have completely uninstalled apache, postgresql and ledgersmb and reinstalled each with the same result...thus making either the same error twice both times carefully following the instructions. I must be missing something.

Any tips?

--
Tom Mende <..hidden..>