Re: Status update on 1.3

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris

Just out of curiocity: how is the web interface in 1.3 performing with
respect to lynx (I.E. scriptability in most cases, as I'm probably the
only person left who uses the program with links/lynx/etc.), and mobile
browsers (Pockit IE interests me most, as it's the one me and my people
are likely to be using).

ISTR some css support issues with Elinks.
Pocket IE has some difficulties as with 1.2 handling BUTTON tags.  I don't know if this has been fixed in later versions.

However a lot of this can be managed differently if one edits templates of required portions.  In doing so, some features may be lost however.  (Editing the menu template might lose the ability to run it with _javascript_, for example, or removing button tags would break translation efforts).

However, our auth system is better for working with these browsers, so common workflow starting places could be bookmarked and used that way also.