[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Parts/Services Pull Down List & PDF filename
- Subject: Re: Parts/Services Pull Down List & PDF filename
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:06:00 -0700
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Thene <..hidden..>
Greetings Everyone :)
I apologise if this has already been covered but I have been able to
find information the following:
1. Is it possible to turn the Number field into a pull down list of
Parts and Services when generating a Sales Invoice?
2. When printing to PDF a 10 digit number is prefixed to the filename.
How is the prefixed number generated and is there way to change this?
Say if the company was Glen's Cartage then the PDF file name could be
The 10 digit filename is the unix epoch. In 1.3, however, the process id will be appended and the document type will come first. We should probably put a hook in place to add an identifier (invoice number, etc). Then it would be easy to customize.
Note that such identifiers are not ALWAYS applicable in 1.3. For example, you can run a multiple check run and print a series of checks to different vendors all to a single file.