Re: Ledger SMB Installation

On 25 Jun 2009, at 13:36, David A. Bandel wrote:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 06:57, Shawn<..hidden..> wrote:
I had a look in the httpd error log and this is what it shows me:

[Thu Jun 25 13:45:51 2009] [error] [client 41.208.225.199] Can't locate
MIME/Lite.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/awstats/lib

[snip]

[Thu Jun 25 13:45:51 2009] [error] [client 41.208.225.199] Premature end of
script headers: login.pl

I've googled it, but can't seem to find anything concrete to help me.

I'm running a Fedora box.

Could anyone assist?

Not sure if Fedora has the perl MIME::Lite library.  Easiest way to
fix is the following:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
(answer the setup questions -- a one-time only deal if not already done)
at the cpan> prompt:
install MIME::Lite

Once it installs, try starting LedgerSMB again.  For each error you
get as above, change the xxx/yyy.pm to xxx::yyy in cpan.

This is also covered in the INSTALL document:
<http://ledger-smb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ledger-smb/branches/1.2/INSTALL?view=markup >
or <http://tinyurl.com/nph7m8>.

Lines 120 - 139:

  8) Check Dependencies:

The Build.PL script can be used to test for unmet dependencies and run
  other tests. It doesn't install anything yet, but it will tell you
  what you are missing. To check for dependencies, run:

  $ perl Build.PL

  Missing dependencies can generally be installed via a Linux
  distribution's package manager, or by CPAN. (Build.PL itself uses
  Module::Build, which is available in packages like perl-Module-Build
  or libmodule-build-perl.)

Once this is done and dependencies are satisfied, you can check to see
  whether the installation nominally works by running:

  $ ./Build test

The test suites currently check to make sure all the perl modules load
  and that a number of numeric tests are passed.

I'm not sure what the documentation procedure is for SQL-Ledger, but advise the OP to take a look in the ledgersmb directory (/usr/local/ ledgersmb/? The directory you unpacked from the tarball you downloaded) and take a read of each of these files:

$ ls /usr/local/ledgersmb/ | grep -E ^[A-Z]+$
BUGS
COMPATABILITY
CONTRIBUTORS
COPYRIGHT
INSTALL
LICENSE
TODO
UPGRADE
VERSION
$

Personally, I prefer to use the distro's package manager, if possible, in preference to calling CPAN directly. I fear that, if I do that, my distro's package manager may later clobber the files because it doesn't know about them.

Stroller.