Splitting Order into Multiple Invoices?

The subject basically says it all.

Is there any way to generate an invoice for part of an order?

Situation:

IT service company, which routinely bills for half (or some other part) of
the job up front, and the rest when the job has been completed.

The total cost is known in advance.

It would be convenient to place all of the elements involved on an order,
but only do a partial billing before, with the remainder billed later.

The alternatives are to generate two entirely separate transaction chains
for this; or to generate one total invoice, and leave the client with the
understanding that they will only pay half of it initially.

It's been a while since I've used LedgerSMB, so I may be forgetting
something obvious here.

Thanks

Luke