Re: PostgreSQL and Cpanel

Rob wrote:
Hi folks,

I tried to set up LedgerSMB on my web site. I requested that my hosting company install postgresql on their server which they did. I then tried to get it up and running but to no avail. I was told that the reason was that postgresql 8.3.7 and Cpanel don't get on.
Anyone know anything about this?  It really screws up my plans.

Rob

Before pointing the finger at cpanel, (I manage a cpanel server) I think we need to know a little more about what works and what doesn't.

If you have shell access, can you access the postgresql server?

Having loaded LedgerSMB, where does it fail?

What are the error messages?

Cheers

John