2 persistant bugs; Seeking ideas where to look.

Bug 1 goes like this:
Ledgersmb (modified) 2.1.18 is open and running in Konqueror or Firefox.
I only have Ledgersmb open in one tab or window.
I use the back browser button or select something from the menu.
I get "Session Expired!" in red.
I enter my password.
Next I get a screen that says "password" and no matter how many times I enter
the password it wont continue on.
As if there is no call back other than enter the password.
Whatever the user was working on is now lost.
Happens more often in Konqueror.
I have synced the clocks on the computers they are all within 1 min.
I have set the session time out  to 86400
I do not see where sessions are handled in the DB so it could be a import from
sql-ledger issue as well.
It looks like they are still cookies. Is there a way to debug the cookie and
see if something is corrupting it?
I saw some bug fixes around this in 1.2.16 change log and merged up to the
current 1.2.18. merging in menu.pl breaks buttons on edit item.
I ran it with the latest version for a day anyway and still encountered the
session expired errors.

Bug 2 is printing page breaks.
I get very erratic page breaks when printing multi page orders and invoices.
I also get odd blank pages.
I have tried messing with the page breaks to no avial.
I tried upgrading to Texlive also.
Has anyone else had trouble with page breaks?
Looking for some tips or ideas.
I see code for testing a new template system in 1.3 is Ledgersmb going to stay
with Latex?
I have set up Texlive for Letter paper.
I have a file called papersize.tex to test adjust the papersize on all
templates.
This is the file:
%\usepackage[top=2.7cm,bottom=-1cm,left=1.9cm,right=0.5cm]{geometry}%
%This had margins that were too big:%
%\usepackage[letterpaper]{geometry}%
%This has .5 in left and right margins and .75 top and 1.125 in bottom:%
\usepackage[letterpaper,left=0.5in,top=0.75in]{geometry}

My page break section looks like this:

% the numbers are: chars per line (in description field)
% Lines on first page
% Lines on other pages
% The numbers were 65 27 37
% I need to see if the wrapping (first number) or the pagebreaks (last
numbers) are bad
%<?lsmb pagebreak 70 15 15 ?>
%<?lsmb pagebreak 70 30 45 ?>
<?lsmb pagebreak 65 27 37 ?>

Our descriptions vary greatly in legnth and can be several lines.
I dont seem to be able to get anything out of adjusting the chars per line.

Any ideas would be great!
--
Sincerely
Turtle

FYI the .asc file is a digital signature
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy for more info.