Beginning balances

I've looked around, even in the manual and don't see any reference on
how to establish beginning balances (My Bank/checking account)

I would think to go to GL and add a transaction however, I don't want to
put another account in the negative. Should I create a temporary account
in the Chart of accounts and debit it to add my balance to the Bank
account? Then delete the temporary account from the Chart of accounts ?

Also,
I have updated the Install document (The INSTALL which came in the
1.2.18 tar) which I think may be an easier read and step-by-step to
follow for future LedgerSMB'ers if anyone wants it or would like to post
it.

www.sislink.net A+, N+, CCNA

dangerous content by SISLINK.NET. Come join us!