Re: International equivalents of 1099?

My understanding is that contractors in Canada are either brought on
as employees, or as "vendors".  I could be wrong on this.  What I mean
is that a person who works for a company either is an employee, and
T-4 tax forms are submitted, or they are a "vendor" who files their
own taxes, and the "purchasing" company is not responsible for any tax
filing.  Though this was entirely from the perspective of a
freelancer, who has worked as a contractor with a company, and as an
"individual" contractor.

Jigme Datse Rasku