[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: International equivalents of 1099?

My understanding is that contractors in Canada are either brought on
as employees, or as "vendors".  I could be wrong on this.  What I mean
is that a person who works for a company either is an employee, and
T-4 tax forms are submitted, or they are a "vendor" who files their
own taxes, and the "purchasing" company is not responsible for any tax
filing.  Though this was entirely from the perspective of a
freelancer, who has worked as a contractor with a company, and as an
"individual" contractor.

Jigme Datse Rasku

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi all;
> I have a customer who has requested an ability to flag vendors for
> 1099-reporting requirements.  In the US, a company that brings on
> contract labor must submit 1099-MISC forms to the contractor and the
> government to track the income when it is above a certain amount.
> Are there other international equivalents?  Is this something that is
> of general interest?  Or would this sort of reporting requirement be
> limited to the US?
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and
> around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
> $200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
> 300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today.
> Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p
> _______________________________________________
> Ledger-smb-users mailing list
> ..hidden..
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ledger-smb-users