Re: Ledger-SMB as POS in a reastaurant?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Bernhard D Rohrer <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> has this been done?

Not that I know of.

> Is it doable?

With extensive customization.....

I have looked into this but there are a few things that would probably
need to be done:

1)  Assemblies need to have modifiers (ham and cheese sandwich as an
assembly, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, etc. as modifiers)
2)  In that environment you really need a good touchscreen interface.
3)  Need to be able to put tickets on hold and come back to them (if
you were building a restaurant solution in lsmb, I would suggest using
orders to handle orders and converting them to invoices when
generating the invoice).

I am fairly sure that if you create a good POS solution for
restaurants, you will get a lot of customers.    I would be happy to
collaborate with you on this.  However restaurant POS environments and
retail ones are not exactly the same.