[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ledger-SMB as POS in a reastaurant?
- Subject: Re: Ledger-SMB as POS in a reastaurant?
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:17:06 -0800
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Bernhard D Rohrer <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi guys
> has this been done?
Not that I know of.
> Is it doable?
With extensive customization.....
I have looked into this but there are a few things that would probably
need to be done:
1) Assemblies need to have modifiers (ham and cheese sandwich as an
assembly, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, etc. as modifiers)
2) In that environment you really need a good touchscreen interface.
3) Need to be able to put tickets on hold and come back to them (if
you were building a restaurant solution in lsmb, I would suggest using
orders to handle orders and converting them to invoices when
generating the invoice).
I am fairly sure that if you create a good POS solution for
restaurants, you will get a lot of customers. I would be happy to
collaborate with you on this. However restaurant POS environments and
retail ones are not exactly the same.