Re: Migration: QuickBooks to LedgerSMB

Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Adrian Chapman <..hidden..> wrote:
I apologize for what must be a repeated question.  Are there migration tools
to move from QuickBooks to LedgerSMB?  I did not find anything in the
distribution.  Also, I checked the SqlLedger site for ideas and found that
the Migration Tools page was empty.
Which version of Quickbooks?  And is this on Windows?

I don't know of any tools, but I might be able to point you in the
right direction in terms of doing a migration.
I'd be interested in that, too.

QB2005 Regular. I'm not aware of QB being on anything but Win.

I believe there is a Mac version too.

It could be a good way to pick up plenty of hacked-off QB customers.
Intuit have changed the product range about a bit, and the choice is now
between a cheap standard edition which doesn't even do aging of invoices
or an expensive "Pro" version which does far more than most smaller
businesses need.

The reason I ask is that newer versions might use more open database
technologies.  I believe the mac version uses SQLite.  I don't know
about the PC version.

Actually they have a Linux version of the backend (database) engine but it is only available for the Enterprise version and that costs even bigger bucks than Pro!

Sucks all around!

Rod