Re: Handling Orders

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM, beamends <..hidden..> wrote:

> I've found that LSMB leaves ordered items on the "short" stock report,
> with no indication of how many are on order (and ideally for whom),
> allowing often expensive double (or more!) ordering of stock, or
> sometimes simply failing to order at all. Is this addressed in the near
> legendary 1.3 spec?

No it's not.  The entire order/parts/invoice/financial structure is
due for an overhaul in 1.4.  Changes to these areas in 1.3 are largely
limited to support of separation of duties, and scalability issues as
well as donated code.

If you want to discuss options, I might be able to throw a report
together which would provide historical sales, inventory, shipping,
and open order commitments at a minimal charge.  I don't know how well
it will perform if you have a lot (sold more than 200000 items) of
historical data though.  To get better performance here we will
probably need to implement a checkpoint system where data is saved on
invoice stuff every time you close your books.