Handling Orders

Hi All,
I'm not sure if this has a name or something, or if it should be a LSMB
"wish list" item, or if there is something out there that works with
LSMB to handle it.

We recently went (back) into mail order, which has proved rather too
successful. One of the problems is keeping track of what is on order
from suppliers and who it is for. I currently run three lists (text
files) of what we need, one for stock, one for mail order and another
for specific customers. I have to do this as it's not possible to order
"everything" all in one go and lead times vary.

I've found that LSMB leaves ordered items on the "short" stock report,
with no indication of how many are on order (and ideally for whom),
allowing often expensive double (or more!) ordering of stock, or
sometimes simply failing to order at all. Is this addressed in the near
legendary 1.3 spec?

Cheers
Richard