Error when adding customer's email addy: relation "vc" does not exist

Amending an existing customer's details to add their email address today, I got the following error when pressing the save button:

    DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: relation "vc" does not exist
    Error!

    SELECT a.id, a.invnumber, a.ordnumber, a.transdate,
    a.duedate, a.netamount, a.amount, (a.paid) AS paid,
    a.invoice, a.datepaid, a.terms, a.notes,
    a.shipvia, a.shippingpoint, e.name AS employee,
    vc.name,
    a._id, a.till, m.name AS manager, a.curr,
    ex.buy AS exchangerate,
    d.description AS department,
    a.ponumber
    FROM ar a
    JOIN vc ON (a._id = vc.id)
    LEFT JOIN employee e ON (a.employee_id = e.id)
    LEFT JOIN employee m ON (e.managerid = m.id)
    LEFT JOIN exchangerate ex ON (ex.curr = a.curr
		    AND ex.transdate = a.transdate)
    LEFT JOIN department d ON (a.department_id = d.id)
    WHERE 1 = 1 AND a.transdate >= '1/12/8'
    ORDER BY 4 ASC,2,16
    ERROR: relation "vc" does not exist

I am using the venerable version 1.2.8 of LedgerSMB, but I'm inclined to think I may have missed running a database upgrade script during an earlier update. The email address has been correctly saved to the account's details if I search for that customer once again.

Any thoughts?

Stroller.