Re: electronic invoices

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

> One of the things I wanted to work on awhile ago was the situation where
> two organizations ran sql-ledger/ledger-smb... issuing invoices which
> must be hand-entered in as purchase orders really seemed
> dumb. Especially when both organizations were run by me.

I guess it depends on what exactly you are trying to do.  You want to
enter a purchase order on one, and invoice on the other?  Are the
instances on the same server?  If yes on both, then XML is probably
the wrong technology to use (I would probably just have a script that
would look up purchase orders on one system using Perl and then insert
them in the other.)  Pair this with listen/notify and it will happen
real-time.  Simple integration of this sort should be reasonably
straight-forward.