Re: Customer Report

On Sunday 04 January 2009 09:53:17 Chris Travers wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:53 PM, turtle <..hidden..> wrote:
> > If you can connect Ledgersmb to OpenOffice you can build custom reports
> > in Openoffice.
> >
> > --
>
> One quick note:  If you go this route and use ODBC, you need to ensure
> that updateable cursors are not enabled in the DSN.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

I should add I frequently back up the system  --> so do that first.
I just looked in the oo settings and did not find where it could be set to be
read only -it's in there somewhere.

I have been using the SDBC driver in OpenOffice for a long time.

I write to tables without any issues.
I use oo to find missing information and update it.
Like zipcodes, email, prices, project enddates etc.
Let me know if you or others have had problems with that.
The oo SDBC queries are just oo files so one should/could be portable for
others to use.

--
Cheers
Turtle

FYI the .asc file is a digital signature
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy for more info.