Re: Multiple income accounts

Chris Travers wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've started using ledgerSMB and have come across a problem. I sell to
>> three different markets: UK, Europe and Rest of World. I have to account
>> for the income for these three markets separately for tax reasons.
>>

> You have to mark them as AR Income in the account property screen.

Yes, I did that and I can see how to enter the transaction using the AR
transaction screen, but this is rather tedious and involves noting the
receipt quantity down rather than just going through the Cash->receipts
screen. However, I think you are saying that this is the only way I can
register receipts against different income accounts. I can manage with
this for the moment.

>>  When
>> I post a payment (using the Cash->Receipts screen) there doesn't seem to
>> be a way to specify the income account to use. Ideally I'd like to
>> associate the income account with a customer, and I can't see any way to
>> do this either.
>>

> Customer->income account associations are part of the 1.3 development,
> already in svn.

OK, I can live with this workaround until 1.3. Many thanks again for
your quick response.

Nigel