Re: Nonprofit usage?

On Friday 21 November 2008
Wayne Moses Burke wrote:

> Greetings LedgerSMB World!
>
> Is anyone out there successfully using LedgerSMB for Fund Accounting?
>
> I have managed to get it installed, but of course it's a bit of a blank
> slate at first. I have an accountant who focuses on nonprofits, but I want
> to give him whatever information I can going in (since the nonprofit world
> runs on QuickBooks).
>
> Best,
> Wayne

I too would like to know about this. Our company does business with
non-profits and they all use QuickBooks. I would like to be able to offer
them an *easy* FOSS alternative with LedgerSMB (Okay, it is not "easy" but it
is an alternative.). Since QuickBooks is oriented to "GUI stupids" this might
be an "impossible sell" in most cases since LedgerSMB is most definitely not
catering to the "GUI stupids". But I would be interested to see if anyone has
managed to get a non-profit to use LedgerSMB.

Gene Alexander
--
ERA Computers & Consulting <http://www.eracc.com>
Preloaded computers - eComStation, Linux and Unix