Re: Suitable for artisan?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Armaghan Saqib <..hidden..> wrote:

> I believe, though not sure, that the warehouses feature has gone
> through little or no enhancements in LedgerSMB after the fork was
> created from Sql-Ledger.

I don't think we have gotten to this module at all.

> In my observation warehouses/shipping functionality in sql-ledger is
> seriously flawed. I have detailed my observations on
> http://wiki.ledger123.com/index.php?n=User.Shipping

The warehouse logic is good enough for some users, but like most of
the SQL-Ledger inherited code, it is limited, has some conceptual
flaws, and doesn't scale well to larger users.

Unless we were to get contributions, I would expect a complete rewrite
and redesign of the shipping/warehouse logic somewhere between 1.5 and
2.0.

> It would be great if other users who have been using the
> warehouse/shipping could share their insight and tips.

Here are things on my wish list:

1)  Assign parts to different bins in different warehouses
2)  Add a control code field
3)  Add address tracking for warehouses
4)  Better inventory reports

Any others?