Migration from SQLLedger to LedgerSMB

We host a handful of clients on SQL-Ledger, v 2.6.22.  I've been
waiting for our administrator to upgrade to pg8 so that I can
move those accounts to LedgerSMB.  This morning he wrote to
say that the time is upon us for this long awaited upgrade.

So now I turn to you to ask:

What is our smoothest upgrade path?

Are there any scripts which will tranform Dieter's schema,
into the one required by LedgerSMB?

What version of SQLedger is easiest to migrate from?

What version of SMBLedger would be the easiest to migrate to?

Once doing that, I assume it will be far easier to upgrade to
the latest version of LSMB.

The advise of folks who have done this before would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
-- Hugh Esco
http://www.CampaignFoundations.com/