Generated Purchase Orders show company partnumber, not vendor partnumber

(Resent)

Maybe I'm missing something, but with branches/1.2 I'm seeing the opposite
of expected behavior for AP | Generate Purchase Orders.

Example:

Sales Order 1001, line item OURSKU123.

Part definition OURSKU123, vendor Part number: VND456

AP | Generate Purchase Orders.

Generate for order 1001, checkbox the item, generate:

SKU 	Description 	Part Number 	Lead 	  	Cost 	Curr 	Req 	Order 	Vendor
OURSKU123  	 	  				USD  	2
  	  	VND456  		15.00 	15.00 	USD  			VENDOR NAME

Now examine generated Purchase Order 1001:

The Line item uses OURSKU123, not VND456.

How is the vendor supposed to know what OURSKU123 is to fulfill this?

I'm sure that a template variable is available to display this on an
output document, but from the user's UI perspective I expected to see the
vendor item on the Purchase order line item, with perhaps OURSKU123
displayed only where "SKU" is (correctly) displayed.

Confusingly, the generated PO item price is the 15.00 cost (correct), not
the 30.00 sell/list price.

Any idea whether this behaviour is by design, or pilot error?

If it's by design, is anyone sucessfully using this fulfillment workflow
in any real-world scenarios?

Thanks,
Jeff

UPDATE: Chris Travers confirmed on #ledgersmb that this is known LedgerSMB
behaviour.