Re: postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable

On 29 Aug 2008, at 01:30, Geordie wrote:
I have just tried to install ledgersmb_1.2.15-1_all.deb ...
... I currently have postgresql-client-8.3 and
postgresql 8.3 installed.

ledgersmb: Depends: postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable or
                      postgresql-client-8.2 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a
solution).

See the archive (also -devel) regarding Postgres 8.3. I'm not sure if it's supported for L-SMB 1.2 - whether it's supported _yet_ or whether it's planned to. There are compatibility issues with Postgres 8.3 and it may not be supported until L-SMB 1.3.

You may find the simplest thing is to use your package manager to downgrade to postgresql 8.2

Stroller.