Re: postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Geordie <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi
> I have just tried to install ledgersmb_1.2.15-1_all.deb on a Sidux laptop and
> was met with this information. I currently have postgresql-client-8.3 and
> postgresql 8.3 installed.

>  ledgersmb: Depends: postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable or
>                      postgresql-client-8.2 but it is not installable
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a
> solution).
>
> I am a little concerned about using apt-get -f install. Is there another
> solution to this?

Since ledgersmb only officially supports 8.1 and 8.2 as of the 1.2.15
release the Debian package explicitly required one of these. This was
implemented back during the 1.2.12 release when 8.3 problems started
cropping up and people started filing bugs.

There is talk about official support of 8.3 in 1.2.16 and the bugs
seem to be resolved - so why not, I just put postgresql-client-8.3
into the package, hop over to alioth and download the latest version,
ledgersmb_1.2.15-2_all.deb

https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30839

Cheers,

--