Re: Inward Shipping Charges

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM,  <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi All,
> One of our suppliers has started adding a surcharge on heavy inward orders.
> How do I add this to a Vendor Invoice - "Add A Service" seems to be all
> outward bound, and if I add a Part my stock report will be wrong. Any ideas?

A service could be used for the moment.

However, there is a slight problem with this which should be
understood since it would later require some possibility of adjustment
if you care about comparable numbers and inventory:

Shipping and handling ideally should be tracked as part of COGS.  I.e.
if you purchase a service, it shows up immediately as an expense when
it probably should be added to the unit price for COGS purposes.

However, for most businesses, this probably does not impact
year-to-year comparability much, IMO.