To: <..hidden..>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Admin.pl problems

Hello all,

I'm not a ledger-smb developer but:

2008/7/8 john <..hidden..>:
[snip]

2008-07-08 16:02:36 CDT LOG:  incomplete startup packet
2008-07-08 16:05:15 CDT FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"postgres"
2008-07-08 16:05:15 CDT FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"postgres"

This makes me think the password option is not enabled for the
'postgres' user on this database in your pg_hba.conf.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i see this a lot as i support a number of
postgres users :).

Cheers,

drewc