Re: Why does the spoolfile have single quotes around it?

Hi everyone,
Been having similar problems as Neil with regards to Spool Printing - version 1.2.10, but it looks like the issue is the same in later releases.

Neil's problem, I managed to fix by modding Form.pm in sub update_status about 5 lines into the sub from my $spoolfile = ( $queued{ $self->{formname} } ) ? "'$queued{$self->{formname}}'" : 'NULL';
my $spoolfile = ( $queued{ $self->{formname} } ) ? $queued{$self->{formname}} : "NULL";

This removed the single quotes around the spoolfile name in the "status" table. Changing the quotes around the "NULL" seemed to help get a NULL value into the row in the "status" table instead of a string with the word "NULL" in it (could be a module version thing, not sure).

I then had a problem with the "batch printing" page. The generated URL links for each of the spool files did not correspond to the location of the spool file. In fact, it seemed to have pieces of previous URLs in the list. For example, "ledgersmb/12345678.pdf/87654321.pdf". I tracked that down to, what appears to me to be, a redundant line in bp.pl in the spool listing form (about line 529)

${LedgerSMB::Sysconfig::spool} = $ref->{spoolfile};

This line redefined the config for the spool directory, so if you have a list of more than one spoolfile entry, the second and subsequent lines would get garbled URLs in the link. I commented this line, and now I can click on the
entries and get to the saved spool files.

Paul W

neilsmith wrote:
This is the output from the table "status":
--------------------snip--------------------
select * from status;
trans_id | formname | printed | emailed |      spoolfile
   10165 | check    | f       | f       | '121235313411426.ps'
(1 row)

Why are there single quotes around the file name ?
This invalidates the url found under check printing.
Thanks for your help.
-Neil