Re: How to manage LedgerSMB modifications.

> Just place modified functions in the custom directory.  They overwrite
> functions in the distributed versions.
>
> Note that this is asking for headaches in the future, and 1.3 will
> make this process much easier for new or rewritten areas.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Chris Travers

I understand that files in the custom directory will overwrite the
distributed versions.  That is what I am doing now.  My question relates
to the scenario when I want to incorporate modifications made in the
distributed version with my version contained in the custom directory.  My
assumption is that the merging of these two versions is a manual process,
but figured I would ask.  For example, I modified pos.pl so that the
salesperson field is displayed and is selectable and placed my modified
version in the custom directory.  If a newer distributed version of pos.pl
comes out I want to be able to incorporate the newer distributed version
with my modifications (assuming of course that my modifications don't
conflict with the distributed version's modifications).

Best Regards,
Steven Marshall

Taty Lee Boutique
11705 Jones Bridge Rd., B206
Alpharetta, GA 30005
770-410-6964

"Once you experience the stylish comfort of Brazilian-cut jeans, you will
demand nothing less!"