Re: Interesting coverage of our project on the SQL-Ledger-users list

John Hasler wrote:
Luke writes:
This is one of the things I have been wanting to contribute to this
conversation.  It's all well and good to say that people using Open
source accounting software, are going to be using OS browsers as well.

Don't tell them they have to install the Firefox browser: they'll think
they have to give up using IE.  Tell them that they need to install the
client for your Open Source client-server accounting system.  Then, after
they install it, you can tell them that they can use it as a
general-purpose browser as well, or just as a Ledger-SMB client.

++

I had a similar situation at a company I worked for. The Asterisk UI needed Firefox. So we installed Firefox, made a desktop shortcut for it, then as we had chances we let folks know they could use Firefox as their browser plus they got multiple TABs not multiple copies of IE. They needed to have anywhere from 3-7 web apps open at once.

It might be interesting to fiddle Firefox using XUL, Chrome, etc. to make it look a little different than a web browser. Similar to the way Komodo does. Like Chris(?) mentioned it might be a long time before Microsoft gets IE up to par.

Rod