Re: Deleting and dumping a database...

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Zachary K <..hidden..> wrote:
> I recently screwed up in my accounting and tried deleting all of my invoiced
> to start over.  Well, after viewing my chart of accounts, I realized this
> didn't work, there are still values in the C of A.  So, I think deleting my
> database is the best option.  How do I do this?  Also, for future reference,
> how do I dump my database so I don't get this problem again?

The following are command-line tools.

I generally use pg_dump to dump my database.  As of 1.3, pg_dumpall
will be needed due to the use of roles.  We have tools for backing up
the database in the application but they basically do this :-).

dropdb will drop the database.

Hope this helps,
Chris Travers