Re: Automatic invoices from time cards?

On Mon, 12 May 2008 20:32:32 -0700, James D. Ivey wrote:
> My business is in professional services. I track my time in time
> cards. I would like my invoices to include individual entries for
> services provide on each day.

Use a project, at least at the per-customer level. Hint: the Project
number can actually be a text string, such as the customer name.

Use Timecards | Generate Sales Order (detail). This will preserve your
per-timecard line items. If you want to make one Sales Order per day,
select just one day's timecard items.

Go to Order Entry | Sales Orders | Reports | Sales Orders (open). Adjust
and then save any details before generating the Sales Invoice from Sales
Order. Once you convert a Sales Order to a Sales Invoice, the only
available option is to Post.

On the Sales Order, your time card notes won't display next to the line
item. Either customize the Sales Invoice templates to display those
additional fields, or cut-and-paste details into the printable notes field.

Hope that helps.