AP reporting problems in v 1.2.13

My AP reports, particularly GST and AP Outstanding, seem to be
incorrect. They both have problems with the amount column showing
blank. The AP Outstanding report is reporting invoices that the AP
Transaction report show as paid (although the Edit AP Transaction for
some of these 'paid' items do not show any payment info).

I am not sure where to begin my search: database problem (say it ain't
so!), or application problem (aahhh yes, blame the programmer).

Any direction appreciated.

Regards to all,
Gerald.