Saving new sales order error

Anyone??  This is causing problems - I now can't  save any new sales orders.

Hi all,

I am running LSB Version 1.2.13 and PostgreSQL version 8.1.11.  When saving a
new sales order I am getting the following error:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique
constraint "status_pkey"

This only happens sometimes but I can't any common factor causing the problem.
Also, it happend with 1.2.12 - I updated to see if it fiixed the problem.

I hope someone can give me some advise on where I should be looking.

WR