Handling PayPal Money Market & Trading Accounts

Perhaps this is more of an accounting question...

How are people handling interest payments (incoming), such as from the
PayPal money market fund?

I have a PayPal account (configured much like a checking account) in the
COA, and my plan to date is to just use an AR transaction for each
interest payment I encounter while back entering, just as I plan to use
an AP Transaction to vendor "PayPal" for credit card charging fees they
assess.

So, once I know how much PayPal has paid for that period, I can post an AR
transaction for that amount, including a payment.

However, if there is a more reasonable way, which does not involve so many
AR transactions, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I say "so many", because PayPal is not the only such account we have which
does this--some checking accounts do it, as do stock trading accounts.

Speaking of stock trading accounts: is anyone here tracking a trading
account in LSMB, and if so, what are some of the practices you use for
recording transactions in it?

Thanks

Luke