Re: evaluation, and first impressions

--- beamends <..hidden..> escribió:

> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 16:08 +0100, Alex Loh (BT
> email address) wrote:
> > Apologies if this hits the list twice, I had
> somehow got signed up with the
> > wrong email address..
> >
> > I'm Currently evaluating ledgersmb for my
> employers (our business is rapidly
> > expanding and we are outgrowing the IRIS
> bookkeeping single user software)
> >
> > I've set up a demo system on an old PC running
> Debian Etch, am impressed
> > with what I have seen so far..
> >
> > A couple of queries (I have looked through the
> manual)
> >
> > 1. I would like to be able to import CSV files for
> the following:
> >
> > - purchase ledger batches
> > - sales ledger
> > - bank postings
> > - general ledger journals
> >
> > How do I go about doing this? In particular one
> our our systems already
> > produces a useful CSV file I would like to import
> as sales invoices.
> >

> You can import CSV files using phppgadmin (or
> similar) - this will show
> you the column heading for each column, then you
> "just" put your data in
> the appropriate format and import it. However some
> tables need other
> tables to be filled in first, so it's not that
> straightforward. So far
> I've not found any documentation, and it's easy to
> hit a wall and get
> stuck!
>
> > 2. How do you restore the database from backups?
> >

> Sorry, can't help there - I've not managed to get
> anything in to backup
> yet!

It would be practical to have in the menu an option
like to back-up the base, but by now you have to do it
from the terminal console through pg_restore.  For
example:

pg_restore -d databaseName < backup.sqlc

or

pg_restore -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -U userName -d dbName <
backup.sqlc

If you are in a remote machine.

-edu-