Re: Credit Limit Weirdness & what is NaN?

Hello Luke,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 02:44:59AM -0400, Luke wrote:
> Is this a bug, a feature, or something unique to my installation?

It's certainly not unique to your installation - I see this behaviour
too.

> What is "NaN"?

"NaN" is shorthand for "Not A Number" and results from things like
dividing zero by zero. It is a concept widely used in computing and not
just restricted to this application or platform.

> Also, especially while working on orders, I see some very weird
> "remaining" values--starting at zero, I might add a product worth a
> hundred bucks, another worth fifty, another worth twenty five and change,
> update some quantities, and the like.  Then I look up at the "remaining"
> line, and see things like "9".  I do an update and then see "12", and on
> and on it goes--incrementing or changing in strange and nonsensical ways,
> even if I just do update after update, without actually changing anything.

I've noticed this too, but on saving the order those running values seem
to be set to their correct values, so it's not something I've worried
about overly.

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107