Generating purchase orders for parts/services not on file

Hi All,

Is there any way for me to generate purchase orders for parts not on file? I'm thinking of office stationery and the like. I don't want to have to enter parts details for things like staples, biros, coffee, and the like, but when I use "Order Entry->Purchase Order" to enter something without a part number, it complains that the item is not on file and insists that I add it.

What am I missing?

Richard