Help me to see the obvious

Hi All,

I have a bad case of Friday Night, and I just can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping that someone will lead me gently by the hand and not laugh *too* loudly, at least, not within my earshot.

I have various taxes accumulating in liability accounts 2210 and 2215. The time has come for me to send some of this money to the gub'mint and thus reduce my liabilities. I have created a creditor record for the government department in question. However, if I go to create an AP transaction, I don't have the opportunity to select any liability accounts.

What I want to do is to write a cheque and record in LedgerSMB that I have decreased the liabilities recorded in these two accounts. How do I do it?

I'm certain I'm missing something blindingly obvious, and when it is pointed out to me I will kick myself.

Richard