Goods and Services etc

I run a small bakery, where we make not only bread but items like peanut butter etc.

As a test I entered all the parts we need to make peanut butter: 1 bottle, 1 top, 1 seal and peanut butter using unit weight of 1 kilo.

I then entered into the assembly the above components and peanut butter as .250 gram

From the retail prices for the parts it has calculated a sale price correctly. So far this looks good.

Am I correct in saying that if I have the necessary parts in stock and transfer the assemblies to the w/house this will automatically reduce my parts stock and enter the assemblies as goods for sale?

I am quite new to sql, although I have been around computer systems for over 30 years. If I make a dump of my database, can I reload it under another name and use it for testing? Or will it create the same named database, thus overwriting the original?

Martin Prior