Re: RoadMap Question

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:38:04 -0500 (EST)
> Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> > I went to the RoadMap to see if there was any mention of implementing
> > some of the latest SL features which don't yet exist in Ledgersmb
> > (bank account specifications; dropdown for payment method; company
> > name in defaults; currency information specification; cell phones for
> > contacts; and the individual Vs. Company specification in customers).
>
> I don't know about the dropdown for payment method but 1.3 has the

If you are not familiar, the best I could figure during my brief stint
with the latest SL, was that this served as a dedicated way of listing the
payment method, in payments, on invoices, etc..  For example, in system ->
payment methods, you could setup payment methods such as "check", "Credit
Card", "Wire", etc., along with cost amounts for each.  Now, it could have
been implemented better, with an option to have a fixed amount or a
percentage of total, but it was a step in the right direction, and saved
unnecessary human falabnility in source field data entry.

I never saw its calculations in action, so I'm not sure how he made it
work, but it would be a nice convenience feature.

The ability to specify system precision, or precision based on a
particular currency, proved even more useful, and I would like to suggest
both for implementation here.

I am no longer competent enough in PERL to do the latter, which is the
more important feature I think.

> infrastructure for *complete* CRM. I doubt all the front end capability
> is there.

With additional features, comes additional complexity.  I do not envy who
ever is writing the front end for that, but from everything you and Chris
described, it sounds great.

Thanks

Luke