Automatic Installation Instructions?

At the top of the "INSTALL" file, there is this comment:

"
This document contains information on how to install LedgerSMB. We
recommend that the reader start by reading the section on manual
installation and then start by trying the automated means mentioned
later.
 "

What automated means?

The sections of the document relating to installation, are these:

MANUAL INSTALL
FTP INSTALLATION

Is there something that I am missing here?

(A note to anyone who remembers my question last week: I had a great many
perl errors appearing in cpan, so I ended up starting over on a fresh
virtual machine, and so am starting from scratch.)

Luke