Re: 1.2.9 tarball fine on Fedora 6/rpm problematic

On Dec 30, 2007 1:22 AM, hugh barnard <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi folks

I've cleared out 1.2.10 on my installation and used
1.2.9 from the tarball. This seems fine for me,
because I am 'getting to know' anyway.

Funnily, the rpm gives:
..hidden.. tmp]# rpm -ihv
ledgersmb-1.2.9-1.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies: perl-version is needed by
ledgersmb-1.2.9-1.noarch
       perl-Smart-Comments is needed by
ledgersmb-1.2.9-1.noarch
       perl-MIME-Lite is needed by
ledgersmb-1.2.9-1.noarch
although these modules are clearly there because the
tarball installs and works?

/me wonders if the rpm names changed or if the modules were installed on your system outside of rpm.

Best regards Hugh

http://hughbarnard.org