Re: Invoice Creation Failing

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 15:33 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2007 5:06 PM, BeamEnds <..hidden..> wrote:
>         Hi All,
>         I posted a couple of days back about invoice creation failing
>         for
>         all parts, and the accounts associated with a part not
>         appearing
>         in the Parts Report.
>
>         The problem was that I'd loaded all the parts fro CSV files,
>         and
>         to get the parts to associate with the accounts each record
>         has
>         to be updated (with the Update button on the Part record
>         window).
>
>         As I have 26,000 parts to do, this could be a tad boring. Is
>         there
>         a way to automate this (my SQL knowledge tends towards zero
>         I'm
>         afraid)?
>
> I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do-- are you trying to
> set default accounts?
>
> Best WIshes,
> Chris Travers

Hi Chris,
this is the story....

I imported all the parts from a CSV file, in doing so the three "link
accounts" were set to :

Inventory :  1001--Stock
Income    :  4000--Sales
COGS      :  5000-Metrials Purchased

I then tried to post an invoice there was an error - "account 4000 not
found" (a bit of a precis there), up till then I'd just been printing
them, not realising that printing didn't post as well.

I then noticed that the invoices, though getting an appropriately
incremented number each time, didn't exist in the system.

Eventually I looked at the  Goods & Services-->Reports-->Parts screen
for all the parts with the "Accounts" box ticked and noticed that the
three accounts fields were empty.
I tried clicking on the "Update" button on the Parts record screen for a
part, and this caused the three accounts fields on the Goods &
Services-->Reports-->Parts to be filled in, and allowed invoices for
that part to be posted successfully.
What I'm after is a way of automatically clicking the "Update" button
for each part to "register" the accounts - doing it manually would be
rather time consuming!

Any ideas?

Cheers
Richard