Re: LedgerSMB installation on Windows XP

Hi,
Thanks for all your help. I have installed Apache, Active perl on Windows XP. I followed the installation document that comes LedgerSMB and could install successfully until point 6. I got stuck on point 7 and 8:

7) Add configuration to Apache:
$ sh configure_apache.sh
8) Check Dependencies:
$ perl Build.PL
$ ./Build test

These are all UNIX commands, How do I run them on Windows XP?

In this section:
Create Datasets and Users
=========================
1) Create Datasets:
Browse to:
http://hostname/ledgersmb/admin.pl
Should I replace hostname with localhost?

I have setup Apache server on port 80.
Will really appreciate your replies.

Thanks & Regards,
Abbas Khambaty

On Nov 6, 2007 10:52 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Nov 5, 2007 7:28 PM, Abbas Khambaty <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install LedgerSMB on Windows XP and don't have any idea where
> to start.
>
> I have already installed PostgreSQL and have downloaded all the LedgerSMB
> installation files. Please let me know how to install the LedgerSMB database
> schema & script files on PostgreSQL. Also please let me know how to install
> the LedgerSMB web application on either Apache or IIS(preferred)

On Windows there are a few things you need to check separately.

1)  Make sure the PostgreSQL header files are installed (part of the
PostgreSQL installation).
2)  Use Vanilla Perl (ActivePerl and Cygwin are unsupported)
3)  Look at the LedgerSMB/Sysconfig.pm and change the $pathsep as
directed in the comments.

Otherwise you can import things the same way you would on Linux.  If
you have specific points where you get stuck let us know.

Best Wihes,
Chris Travers