Re: Assembly breakdown.

On 11/1/07, Jigme Datse <..hidden..> wrote:
> Thank you, it's the reverse thing that I want to do from assembling an
> assembly, but purchasing a package of 75 sheets of card stock, and
> breaking that down to 75 individual items.  That's as best I can see
> not supported.  And I don't know if there is a feature request stated
> for that.  I'm pretty sure you understood that, but I'm not totally
> sure based on your response.

It is supported on nonrepeating decimals.  75 is a hard number because
1/75 = 0.0133333333333333333333333333.....
1/100 is pretty easy.  You can define an assebly equal to 0.01 of the
original package and stock that.

So we are sort-of stuck.

My suggestion is that we should look at "lot purchases" as we move
towards 1.4.  In this model, one could define various lot sizes for
purchase of each part, and then invoice on that basis.  The lots would
then be converted to units.

Does that make sense?