Re: Proposal: License Change for Manual And Standardization of Licenses for Official Docs

Chris Travers writes:
> 1) It would avoid the temptation to use invariant sections as personal
> soap-boxes (the great example of this is the forced inclusion of the GNU
> Manifesto in the EMACS manual).

Not that I have any objection to the change, but note that your proposed
license would not prevent the addition of invariant sections (or changes
and additions under pretty much any terms the author of the changes wants
to use).

> My proposed license text is: Copyright 2005-2007 The LedgerSMB Project.

Is The LedgerSMB Project a corporation?  If not I don't believe that it can
own a copyright.

> All rights reserved.

Under current copyright law this sentence has no legal significance.
--
John Hasler
..hidden..