Re: bin/login.pl:336: Access Denied!

On 10/4/07, ranamalo <..hidden..> wrote:

Chris Travers-5 wrote:

> On 10/3/07, ranamalo <..hidden..> wrote:
>>

>> I just installed ledgersmb on ubuntu 7.04 feisty.  I can enter
>> http://localhost/ledgersmb/admin.pl fine.  I can create users and
>> databases,
>> but when I try to sign into http://localhost/ledgersmb/login.pl I get:
>> bin/login.pl:336: Access Denied!
>

> The issue in this case is that your password and/or login is incorrect.
> Please try re-entering the password in the admin.pl and see if that solves
> the problem.
>
> Best WIshes,
> Chris Travers

Thanks Chris,
You were right.  the password for my user was like 20 characters long!  That
is, when i went back into the admin.pl the password field had like 20
asterisks in it.  I changed it and then I was able to enter in login.pl.

Ok. the long number of asterisks is because the actual value that is sent is not your password.  The password only has a hash stored, which is 32 characters.  If the hash is unchanged, we don't change your password.